You may initiate a bid request from the system for all appraisal orders. Bids can be monitored by the administrator and the lowest bidder can be assigned the appraisal order.
To Assign an Appraisal using Bid Request to an appraiser, follow the steps below:
- Log on to your ValueLink Appraisal Management System account.
- Search for the Appraisal Order that you want to assign to the appraisers.
- Click on the Order Number (e.g. R13-00000) to open the Manage Appraisal screen.
- Click on Actions to display the menu, and then on Send Bid Request.
- Select a Bid Closing Date and insert bid instructions in the comments area.
- Select appraisers from the list towards the bottom of the screen. There are different pre-defined filters to help you select the appraisers. The filters available are:
. Approved Appraisers For Clients
. Appraisers within 25 miles of the subject property zip code
. Appraisers within 50 miles of the subject property zip code
. Appraisers within 100 miles of the subject property zip code
. Appraisers with Coverage in subject property zip code
- Click on Select Checked Appraisers at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Send Bid Request to initiate the bidding.
- Once bids are received, return to the Manage Appraisal screen for that appraisal and click on Actions to display the menu, and then on View Placed Bids.
- Choose the appraiser you want to assign the order to by clicking on Select Bid.
The appraisers are automatically notified by email when the bid is initiated. The appraiser can then log on and place a bid. Once the administrator accepts a bid, the other bidders are notified by email that the bid was either cancelled or assigned to another appraiser.